Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Runtime error when using Curvy Generator with Game Object Deform
Exclamation 
Hello,

I add a game object prefab to a Curvy Generator with Game Object deform and it works fine in the editor, however
in runtime, nothing renders and I get this error:

[Curvy] Volume spots: Number of generated spots reached the maximal allowed number, which is 10000. Spots generation was stopped. Try to reduce the number of spots needed by using bigger Bounds as inputs and/or setting bigger space between two spots.

How do I fix this? I get it for all my prefabs but it works fine with the RailBlock prefab.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hi
It is curious that the behavior differs between edit and play mode. Is it possible for you to send me a reproduction case?
Also, does your used case need to create more than 10.000 objects?
Regardless of your answer, this message appears when the Volume Spots module creates what it considers as too many objects (10.000). This number can be modified in BuildVolumeSpots.cs, look for a constant called MaxSpotsCount.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I seem to have been able to solve the problem by enabling Read/Write  vertices in my model. I guess Curvy uses the vertices of the model for deformation and I saw this setting
was set on your example models. 

Strange that the error was this 10000 Spots message and it worked in editor.

Hope this input helps, you can easily reproduce this error but doing a Mesh Deform and creating a road or path with any meshes/prefabs without the Read/write vertices option disabled.
Hi

Thanks for the update. I will modify the code to print an error explaining what the issue is. Right now, there is a warning saying "Cannot combine mesh that does not allow access: Road_01", but that seems to no be displayed in the build console.

The 10000 Spots message probably happens because the Spots module tries to place empty meshes, and thus having no depth, and thus the issue explained earlier.

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 0 0 6 hours ago
Last Post: ShiroeYamamoto
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 6 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: _Aka_