Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitespace error in UITextSplineController
Hi,
I'm using UITextSplineController to make Text follow a spline, but I get an error when I type a Whitespace character.
Is it possible to use Whitespace characters? Is there a solution?

Code:
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Controllers.UITextSplineController+GlyphQuad.LoadTris (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] verts, System.Int32 index) (at Assets/Curvy/Plugins/Curvy/Controllers/UITextSplineController.cs:56)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Controllers.UITextSplineController.ModifyMesh (UnityEngine.UI.VertexHelper vertexHelper) (at Assets/Curvy/Plugins/Curvy/Controllers/UITextSplineController.cs:252)
UnityEngine.UI.Graphic.DoMeshGeneration () (at /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.7f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/Graphic.cs:675)
UnityEngine.UI.Graphic.UpdateGeometry () (at /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.7f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/Graphic.cs:660)
UnityEngine.UI.Text.UpdateGeometry () (at /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.7f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/Text.cs:572)
UnityEngine.UI.Graphic.Rebuild (UnityEngine.UI.CanvasUpdate update) (at /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.7f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/Graphic.cs:618)
UnityEngine.UI.CanvasUpdateRegistry.PerformUpdate () (at /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.7f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/BuiltInPackages/com.unity.ugui/Runtime/UI/Core/CanvasUpdateRegistry.cs:217)
UnityEngine.Canvas:SendWillRenderCanvases() (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UI/ScriptBindings/UICanvas.bindings.cs:83)
Hi
It was possible at some point, maybe there were regressions with later Unity versions. Let me check that and will come back to you soon.
Until then, have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi again

Here is the fix: go to Curvy\Controllers\UITextSplineController.cs, then to the following method:

public void ModifyMesh(VertexHelper vertexHelper)

find the for loop in it, and replace it with the following:

Code:
int readingIndex = 0;
for (int letterIndex = 0; letterIndex < Text.text.Length; letterIndex++)
{
  if (Text.text[letterIndex] == ' ')
    continue;

glyph.LoadTris(verts, readingIndex * 6);
  readingIndex++;
  UpdateGlyph(glyph);
  glyph.Save(vertexHelper);
}

Please let me know if this didn't fix the issue.

If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thank you for your quick response. I can now enter Whitespaces!! Big Grin
What a wonderful world! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error when trying to connect nodes in prefab edit mode Lupos 4 9 06-02-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Error when switching splines ricke 3 7 10-10-2022, 08:46 AM
  Error when recreating splines / connections jh092 3 7 07-25-2022, 09:58 AM
Question Error after upgrade: (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) boriskourt 3 7 05-17-2022, 12:32 PM