Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightmap/Shadow issue
I'm using the trick from the rail track tutorial/video where I manually set U-coordinates through meta nodes to mirror the texture over the extruded mesh.
Using this approach I'm however running into issues with light maps. As the UV for the lightmap channel applies the same U-coord, but correctly scales the V component.
Is there any way to not use the cross-shape UV-meta info for the lightmap channel, so the lightmap doesnt have overlapping faces in the UV space?

Edit; found that the UV2 channel is very strange. If I choose to split the extrusion and generate multiple meshes. The UV2 channel looks like this

The first segment have a UV2 that covers the whole V-range (U is still mirroring that of the meta nodes and in this case folding).
The last segment have a UV2 that is more squished toward the higher V-range. The more segments i use, the more squished the UV2 becomes. I did a export for the whole spline and the last segment have a UV2 space that doesnt even covera single row of pixels in the end texture.
I will take a look at this later today and will let you know
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Can you please send me a reproduction case? Please include the lightmap settings too
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I came with with a quick fix. The proper fix will be part of an upcoming update. I will send you the fix via private message. Let me know if it fixed the issues.
(11-23-2020, 11:44 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: I came with with a quick fix. The proper fix will be part of an upcoming update. I will send you the fix via private message. Let me know if it fixed the issues.

Super I'll check it out, didnt notice your reply so you have a PM with a repro setup.
Please check the repro PM as it also mentions two other issues regarding mesh generating

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rotation issue with generator nicolaj.h.andersen@gmail.com 1 14 04-14-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  BuildVolumeMesh issue tairoark 40 95 11-25-2022, 07:57 AM
Exclamation DuplicateEditorMesh performance issue Guillaume 5 12 01-18-2022, 01:44 PM
  UV issue with variable mix shape modifier MarioBag 4 3,312 12-07-2019, 01:43 PM