Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a Control point Not working as espected
Hello again.

Here is a screenshot where I try to explain everythings:
[Image: IEtlhoxWdsz_Capture2.PNG]

When I select my "Dolly 2" object, I have some editor scripting and some stuffs.
I have an object (the camera of my game), who are in this screenshot between the CP001 and the CP002.

When I click on the button "Add Key" in the inspector, I would like to add a control Point exactly in the position of my camera object (in the screenshot: it is the "Position where to add")

Here is how I have tryed to add my point:
Code:
curvySpline.Add(cameraWorldPosition);

and you see the result, it's not at the right position, and always at the end of the spline.

So, I have only 3 information:
- the Spline
- the position of my camera (which is a SplineController, always on the SPline)
- the type of adding: here another screenshot. I know if i have to add a point at the end, inside, or at the start of the spline:
[Image: IEtlAd33Pjz_Capture.PNG]
When I want to add inside the Spline: I can have the percentage of the SplineController. So I may find also the segment where I want to insert.

The weird thing is: even if i add a control point at the end of the spline, the position where the control point is created is not really at the same position:
[Image: IEtlNuzG0mz_Capture3.PNG]

So, it was a long post, I hope It's an easy answers, and I hope I explain well what I wanted.

Messages In This Thread
Adding a Control point Not working as espected - by UsernameHed - 05-19-2019, 11:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting Distance from a World Point zorksox 3 5 04-16-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Issues when working with in-place prefabs Sacryn 4 6 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM