Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Null reference exception in CurvyCamController
(04-13-2016, 06:36 PM)Jake Wrote: ...we want to keep the example scripts to be as short as possible and focused on the relevant Curvy API parts. Adding all sorts of logical checks (and stuff like Requirecomponent(Camera) etc...) may draw attention away from that.

Also, almost all example scripts are composed for a single showcase and won't make much sense in other context.

I see your points, on both counts. :-) The camera controller is very useful outside the context of the one demo, IMO. Maybe the solution is to make that part of the core code instead of an example.

Mea culpa for my not taking into account the fact that it *is* an example. I should myself have done what I just suggested above, namely copy it out of your example folder into my own script folder and consider it "forked" from the example.

Whatever course of action you decide to take here, including simply closing my issue and considering it "working as designed," is okay with me. I feel your explanation is reasonable for why things are as they are. :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Null reference exception in CurvyCamController - by syscrusher - 04-15-2016, 01:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting reference to Generator and InputSplinePath Spline velikizlivuk 3 9 08-15-2023, 11:08 PM
Last Post: velikizlivuk
Bug Argument Null exception Beqo77 5 17 04-24-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Null Ref when using Connections RKTRAINS 1 2 10-10-2022, 08:49 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Generator Exception niek352 2 11 07-14-2022, 02:59 PM
Last Post: niek352