Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argument Null exception
Bug 
When I enter the play mode or exit the play mode some connections gives ArgumentNullException. When I enter the playback mode, it sometimes gives 5 connection errors, sometimes 0.
In my scene, I have multiple  disabled levels with active multiple level connections .

I am using curvy 8.5.0.
Unity version 2022.2.12

Exception:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: identifier
UnityEditor.Undo.RegisterCompleteObjectUndo (UnityEngine.Object[] objectsToUndo, System.String name) (at <ae93fefe62eb49e6b9ef3807ffd33dc7>:0)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.CurvyConnection.RemoveControlPoint (FluffyUnderware.Curvy.CurvySplineSegment controlPoint, System.Boolean destroySelfIfEmpty) (at Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/Splines/Connections/CurvyConnection.cs:226)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.CurvySplineSegment.Disconnect (System.Boolean destroyEmptyConnection) (at Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/Splines/CurvySplineSegment.cs:1056)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.CurvyConnection.OnDestroy () (at Assets/Plugins/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/Splines/Connections/CurvyConnection.cs:125)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi
Can you please share with me, privately if needed, a reproduction case?
Thanks
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi
I was able to reproduce the issue. Working on a fix. Will keep you update.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Update: implemented a fix. The will be included in the 8.6.0 update, which should be available by the middle of next week.
Sorry for the issue in the first place.
Let me know if I can help with anything else.
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot
Have a nice day.
Thank you for fast reply. If there is another bug, I will write in another post.
Fix is now live part of the 8.6.0 update. Thanks for your patience.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Null Ref when using Connections RKTRAINS 1 2 10-10-2022, 08:49 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Generator Exception niek352 2 11 07-14-2022, 02:59 PM
Last Post: niek352
Bug No demos running without exception with IL2CPP with Curvy Spline 8 studentloan 10 14 04-22-2022, 08:52 PM
  DT Singleton Instance was null error Rick76 3 349 10-07-2021, 05:59 PM