Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inaccuracies with offseted Shape Extrusions
Hi,
thanks for your answer. Yes, I tried it all Smile
I narrowed the problem down and understand it a bit better now.
I think it's the hard change in normals on the spline when doing a swirl.
With a generated mesh on the main spline this isn't a problem, but as soon the generator shape gets offseted, either with "TRS Shape" or with "Path Relative Transform", then there is a sudden change in direction on the offseted mesh on start and end of a swirl, because it relies on the normals of the spline.

Completely makes sense to me, so this thread may morph into a feature request beg, rather than an actual problem with curvy Big Grin

I think it would be an awesome feature:
A new parameter that fades in/out the swirl at the start and end of the swirl segment/anchor group.
A distance percentage value for instance.
With this, we could do swirls over an anchor group and say "fade in from the first CP over the first 10% of distance" and "fade out to the orientation of the last CP over the last 20% of distance".
Additionally this would decrease the tuning demands for swirl turn parameter and increase the flexibility overall Big Grin

Let me know what you think about the idea, or if you see a possible solution to achieve this with the already existent system.

regards
Michael

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inaccuracies with offseted Shape Extrusions - by MichaelMenzi - 12-12-2022, 06:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transitioning or blending two mesh extrusions SomeGuyEight 8 21 10-13-2023, 05:11 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Animating a shape on along a spline will not playback in scene or game views sam_bond 3 9 05-03-2023, 11:41 AM
  Shape extrusion scaling tairoark 5 19 06-07-2022, 05:35 AM
Bug Shape Extrusion does not align with Input Spline Shape bit9labs 1 9 04-08-2022, 12:27 PM