Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Severe bug with some types of Prefabs/meshes
Hi

After further investigation, here is my conclusion about this issue:

The issue happens because of the combination of two issues, one on me, and one seemingly on Unity:
  • Issue A: The one on Unity: Your fbx model file has no tangents in it. Unity, following the settings on the model import settings, generates tangents for that model (based on its geometry). The issue is that those generated tangents are present in editor, but are not in the build. As far as I see it, this is a bug in Unity. I tried different variations of the import settings, and none solved the issue.
  • Issue B: The one on me: when a mesh has no tangents, the deform mesh module throws exceptions.

Now, about the solutions:
  • Issue A: the short term solution is to reexport the fbx file but this time with the tangents included. Also I recommend that you open a Unity bug report raising the issue.
  • Issue B: I will soon prepare a fix for it Once prepared, I will send it to you via PM. If it works with no issues with your project, then I will include it in the next update of Curvy.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Severe bug with some types of Prefabs/meshes - by _Aka_ - 04-22-2022, 08:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deforming prefabs with LODs along a spine LiveWire 4 10 Yesterday, 04:53 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Bug Issues when working with in-place prefabs Sacryn 4 6 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cant Generate Meshes At Runtime alms94 5 22 01-26-2024, 11:27 AM
  Disable rebuild of meshes in dynamic mode Zilk1 1 8 10-04-2023, 09:50 AM