Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant Generate Meshes At Runtime
I'm making a car game and have a Vector3 list. I'm generating levels at runtime by adding checkpoints to spline using the positions from the list I created. After added all the checkpoints on spline I'm refreshing the generator. In editor everything works fine but in the mobile no roads have been created. How can I solve that?
Hi
Have you tried a debug build that displays the errors in the console? Are there any error?
Can you try a build on desktop? The goal is to see if this is a build vs editor issue, or a pc vs mobile issue.
Once we have the answers to these questions we can proceed further if needed.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I tried and find that it's editor vs mobile issue
Hi,
Can you please answer all the questions from my previous post (I duplicated them bellow)? Otherwise it will be difficult for me to help you:
  1. Have you tried a debug build that displays the errors in the console? Are there any error?
  2. Can you try a build on desktop? Is the error in the desktop build too?
Thanks.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(01-15-2024, 11:54 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
Can you please answer all the questions from my previous post (I duplicated them bellow)? Otherwise it will be difficult for me to help you:
  1. Have you tried a debug build that displays the errors in the console? Are there any error?
  2. Can you try a build on desktop? Is the error in the desktop build too?
Thanks.

Hello! I have the same problem. 

Answering the questions:
1. No, I haven't any sort of mistakes while building. Everything is OK.
2. I just build to android and windows and I don't have a spline in both of this builds. But in Unity Editor everything is good.

That what i made:
1. Create path at pathfinding
2. Get points from the path of pathfinding
3. Instatiate prefabs with curvy spline segment component to a parent - object with a Curvy spline component
4. Set this spline as an input in Curvy generator with a creating game objects component
5. "Refresh" curvy spline and curvy generator components

And in Unity Editor everything is OK, but in any build I don't see any of created game objects by curvy generator. Maybe a spline hadn't created too, I don't know/
One thing: in editor Curvy Generator as a parent creates one object per second: FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGMeshResource, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Hi

Regarding my question 1: Debug builds add a console to the application you build. That build displays error messages if any. My question was regarding messages in that console, and not messages in the unity editor console displayed while the build is being created.

Can you please send me a simple reproduction case so I can debug it?

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Wink Modifying Splines at Runtime artsung 1 7 01-30-2024, 09:40 AM
  Is it possible to create a road texture at runtime? artsung 1 4 01-30-2024, 09:30 AM