Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curvy 2.5D Platformer - Detaching from Spline when Jumping
Question 
I'm currently hacking about/toying with making a 2.5D platformer using curvy splines to create the path for the player to follow.

So far I've put together a control system that moves the player horizontally on the spline and uses a modified version of the Endless Runner example to allow the player to jump and connect to new splines if there is one above them or if they fall off one spline path onto another.

However I'm stumbling on how to set the controller up so that the player can jump from one end of a spline onto another i.e. across a horizontal gap between two separate splines. At the moment my control system stops the player at the end of the spline and doesn't allow the jump to continue beyond the last control point. My current idea is to have the player object break it's connection to the spline it has just been on while somehow continuing to move in the direction of the jump and searching for a new spline below the player object to attach to.

I was just wondering if anyone had a better idea or suggestion on how to implement a system for handling jumping between splines or had an implementation that they could share.

Messages In This Thread
Curvy 2.5D Platformer - Detaching from Spline when Jumping - by Yog-Shoggoth - 10-19-2014, 01:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM