Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume Spots not even when "drawing" spline too fast at runtime.
(07-28-2023, 08:44 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Maybe it is related to pooling? If you selected your generator, you will see in its inspector a Prefab Pool component. Pooling is used only in play mode, which might explain why the issue does not appear in edit mode. Does toying with that pool change anything in the issue?

Hi. Sorry, I was gone on vacation for a week.

I did try playing around with the Pooling options, but it doesn't make any difference with the issue, unfortunately.

One thing I did notice, looking at the spline info in the editor, is that as soon as I move one of the control points every so slightly, the Relative Distance (RD) points near that control point moves and re-aligns all the volume spots near there correctly and evenly.  So it seems to be the RD points that get "condensed" and cause the volume spot issues.

Here's two screen shots (https://imgur.com/a/2yg4jpR): One with the issue, and one right after I very slightly moved control point near "RD: 0.4" in the picture. I didn't move the any control points near the other end of the spline that is affected, just so you know. (Note: if you open each image in their own tab, you can see more clearly the difference by going from one tab to the other.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Volume Spots not even when "drawing" spline too fast at runtime. - by _RicO - 08-09-2023, 08:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get length starting from one spline to connected nth spline Dragon-3623 1 1 05-14-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM