Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRS mesh is not constant
Photo 
I am using the Latest Unity 2018.3.0f2
I am doing a pipe extrusion along a path and I am using TRS mesh to transform the extruded mesh but the offset is not working properly, for example moving x axis to + or - value will transform the mesh to the same direction! it's not working properly!

Thanks,
Rami M.
Hi,
That's surprising. In my tests, + and - values move the mesh in opposite directions. Can you please tell me what version of Curvy you are using, and also send me a scene having a reproduction case of that bug?
Thanks and have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(01-27-2019, 02:21 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
That's surprising. In my tests, + and - values move the mesh in opposite directions. Can you please tell me what version of Curvy you are using, and also send me a scene having a reproduction case of that bug?
Thanks and have a nice day

Thanks for the reply, and for this great tool!
I am using Curvy v5.1 I tried a new scene from scratch on unity 2018.3 and 2018.2 but same issue I will try to send you the scene asap. For now I fixed it using TRS Shape instead of TRS Mesh but don't know what is the difference but it works!

Thanks and have a great day
RM.
Sorry, I misunderstood your initial message, I thought you were speaking about TRS Path. I confirm that I reproduce the issue, no need to send me a scene. I will take a look at it very soon. Will keep you updated
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(01-27-2019, 07:43 PM)Waver Wrote: For now I fixed it using TRS Shape instead of TRS Mesh but don't know what is the difference but it works!

The difference is that TRS Shape transforms a shape (and similarly with TRS Path) that is the input of your extrusion process. The output off that process is a mesh, and TRS Mesh transforms that output. So basically you switch from transforming the output to transforming the input, which leads to similar results.
This issue is will be fixed in the upcoming 5.2.0 release, which should be available next week

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 19 Yesterday, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM