Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SplineController slows down approaching connections
Hi again,

I'm using the default SplineController to move an object. I have multiple splines joined with connections. The object slows down as it approaches each connection then speeds up again after continuing to the next spline.

I'm wondering how do I change this behaviour so the speed through connections remains constant?

many thanks

John
Hi,
A similar question to yours was asked on the forum, and here is my answer
https://forum.curvyeditor.com/thread-893-post-3440.html#pid3440
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Ah makes sense, thank you.

I'm not 100% clear though, once I have calculated what the speed should be according to those links, would I set the SplineController speed in my Custom Selector script once I have determined which spline is next? Is that the correct place to change the speed?
I would personally have put the speed change in the event handler of the OnEndReached or the OnControlPointReached events, but I see no argument to oppose the idea of putting it in the Custom Selector script, besides it not being good design (a selector should select and nothing more).
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thank you again for your help, very much appreciated.

John
You are welcome. If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connections Problem Juton 3 14 03-06-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Are connections pooled? Lupos 1 3 05-09-2023, 09:18 AM
  How to merge intersecting meshes at spline connections? Reign_of_Light 2 6 03-20-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Reign_of_Light
  Null Ref when using Connections RKTRAINS 1 2 10-10-2022, 08:49 AM