Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotation Scatter
Photo 
Hello, I am trying to get models to be randomly placed along the spline. Using the template Spot GameObjects, I cant seem to get fully random rotation.
Its sort of random. I'm looking to do something more like the second image. Could write this in myself but thought I would check here first.

I am sure I am missing something cause it seems like everything was thought of w this tool!

Using Curvy: (partly random)
[Image: uc?export=download&id=1_xjtUF1ZiXq6xpMRYZME91Qq1dZLNK0y]

Rotated Manually: (more random)
[Image: uc?export=download&id=1TxNgbdFbyUS56kJTJ6dAWkUyXCi727es]

thanks!
Hi,
It's funny you are writing about this, because I am in a middle of a heavy refactoring of the Volume Spots to fix a lot of things and add new features. I will write you to send you the new module so you can enjoy the new features (I think the update it will be part of will be ready in a week or two) and explain to you how to patch your Unity version. I will do that tomorrow, it's 3 am here, and I need to go sleep.
But to fix your issue: go to the BuildVolumeSpot.getSpot method, and replace all occurrences of Random.Range(-1, 1) with Random.Range(-1f, 1)
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Perfect! yeah that makes sense. i've often over looked that one myself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation bad rotation aloriza 5 13 11-29-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Rotation issue with generator nicolaj.h.andersen@gmail.com 1 14 04-14-2023, 11:58 AM
Photo Rotation anchors tairoark 4 10 06-01-2022, 02:54 PM
  Align to spline action and rotation Lupp_ 3 1,341 01-23-2021, 08:12 PM