Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
path offset
Hello, I wonder if there's anyway to use spline path mesh builder with an offset to create parallel lines from spline, or if it's possible to use a prefab in anyway (the script will only allow to use meshes).

I want to create fences for a road.

Thank you

PD: I'm spanish so I hope I'm writing understandable questions Smile
(10-01-2013, 10:22 AM)checkitout Wrote: Hello, I wonder if there's anyway to use spline path mesh builder with an offset to create parallel lines from spline, or if it's possible to use a prefab in anyway (the script will only allow to use meshes).
Two options:
You can use SplinePathCloneBuilder (Prefab's support is in work, just use existing GameObjects for now) to clone geometry. Just parent your fence brick to an empty GameObject (offset it properly) and use that to feed the CloneBuilder.

If you use the SplinePathMeshBuilder, the component will use the Spline's position but transform it in local space of the GameObject holding the SplinePathMeshBuilder unless you enable the "Use World Position" property. So just offset the GameObject holding the MeshBuilder.

Jake

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 19 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Rasterized Path Range issue proton 2 10 04-15-2024, 03:42 PM
Wink Train carriage with 2 bogies following a path arcadeperfect 9 27 08-25-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: arcadeperfect
  Animate UV Offset in Unity Animation Timeline sam_bond 6 8 05-26-2023, 11:12 AM