Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get a point in Spline that is parallel with another Spline?
Big Grin 
Hi, I have two parallel Splines with different length. Lets call them Main and Secondary splines. 

I have a point in Main spline and I want to get a point (relative position) in Secondary spline that is parallel to a point in Main spline. How can I get that Relative position on Secondary spline? 

Thanks
Hi,
I guess that by parallel you mean the closest point on B to your point A. If this is the case, then take a look at the example scene 5, NearestPoint, and you will find the code you will need.
If by parallel you mean a point at the same distance, then take a look at the Interpolate and InterpolateByDistance methods:
https://api.curvyeditor.com/610/class_fluffy_underware_1_1_curvy_1_1_curvy_spline.html#a5a2733111f8c35a6be80b42887988f39
Did this help?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(01-19-2020, 01:43 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
I guess that by parallel you mean the closest point on B to your point A. If this is the case, then take a look at the example scene 5, NearestPoint, and you will find the code you will need.
If by parallel you mean a point at the same distance, then take a look at the Interpolate and InterpolateByDistance methods:
https://api.curvyeditor.com/610/class_fluffy_underware_1_1_curvy_1_1_curvy_spline.html#a5a2733111f8c35a6be80b42887988f39
Did this help?

Yes example 5 is perfect! thank you!
FYI.. I keep getting this below message when I click on Forum from curvyeditor.com. Page opens only after refreshing multiple times.

"Misdirected Request

The client needs a new connection for this request as the requested host name does not match the Server Name Indication (SNI) in use for this connection."
Thanks for letting me know. Do you get the same message when going directly to forum.curvyeditor.com? Also what browser are you using?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
sometime it opens sometime it doesn't. I'm on Safari.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44