Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up Playmaker
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to setup Playmaker to work with Curvy and there are some problems.
It says that I should put the proxy script on an object but when I do an orange box pops up saying this event is not implemented on target. I'm not sure what that means and I don't know what the 2 target variables should point at or what the event line should say. Trying to manually point to a FSM does nothing.

Also must this script be on any object that I want to do stuff with through Playmaker? What if I use the SetProperty action to manually change let's say the position or speed etc, will that cause problems?
Hi,
The compilation error you posted about earlier might be the reason for this issue. First let's fix the compilation error, and then come back to this.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
After updating the scripts this issue is still the same. Sad
(12-27-2019, 09:32 PM)Lupp_ Wrote: After updating the scripts this issue is still the same. Sad

Hi,
I will look at this this weekend. But just to make sure: did you get the playmaker curvy examples in the ecosystem? If not, take a look at them it might help.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hold on, is the proxy script supposed to be on the object with the controller or on the object with the FSM?
Hi,
I have to admit that my knowledge about Playmaker is not that deep (never used it for a real project). Here are the answers based on my limited knowledge:

(12-27-2019, 12:53 AM)Lupp_ Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to setup Playmaker to work with Curvy and there are some problems.
It says that I should put the proxy script on an object but when I do an orange box pops up saying this event is not implemented on target. I'm not sure what that means and I don't know what the 2 target variables should point at or what the event line should say. Trying to manually point to a FSM does nothing.
Also must this script be on any object that I want to do stuff with through Playmaker?

Since you spoke about the orange box, I figured that you are speaking about the PlayMakerCurvyComponentProxy.
There is another proxy you will need, which is PlayMakerCurvySceneProxy.
Both proxies can be on whatever playmaker FSM object, as long as PlayMakerCurvyComponentProxy is set up correctly (in your case, both the Targets should be pointing to an object with a spline controller).

Then, just set the event in your FSM and you are good to go

You can see how this is done in the example scene PM30_CurvyAlignToSpline for example. Look for the FSM of the object ShipAlign0

(12-27-2019, 12:53 AM)Lupp_ Wrote: What if I use the SetProperty action to manually change let's say the position or speed etc, will that cause problems?
Not as far as I am aware of. Also, FYI, you can modify whatever property through this method:
https://answers.unity.com/questions/425540/playmaker-change-script-value.html
Yep, now it works. I had to add the Curvy event to the FSM itself, then the orange box disappeared. Thanks for the help man. Smile
You are welcome

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Setting instantiated object to spline, then starting movement? _RicO 3 9 06-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy for Playmaker thorntonp72@gmail.com 1 4 10-23-2022, 11:41 AM
  Lightmaps UV stretched even after setting split length to minimum dartboard 4 597 10-13-2021, 12:05 PM
  Playmaker events Lupp_ 10 2,845 01-15-2021, 05:11 PM