Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change default settings when adding a point
Hello ! I would like to know if i could change the default settings when i'm drawing a spline.

I would like to have the SerializedOrientationAnchor and the AutoBakeOrientation option set to true by default for exemple.

Ty !
Hi,
There is no UI based way to defined the value at creation of those properties. You will have to modify this in code:
\Curvy\Base\CurvySplineSegment_private.cs
line 63
bool m_AutoBakeOrientation;
line 69
bool m_OrientationAnchor;
add a "= true;" to these declarations
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Oh thanks, that _private class I didn't saw again x)

I heard from my mentor of the industry that partial class is not recommanded to use for a good architecture. Only for code generation.
You mentor is probably right. If I had designed CurvySplineSegment from scratch, I would probably not made it a partial class. But the thing is that the class was 2900 lines of code. Discovering the class could be overwhelming for newcomers. I decided to subdivide the file in two, one with the publicly available code, and the rest in another file. This way you have a smaller file to look at if you just want to take a look at what members are available to you when using a CurvySpline (besides reading the API reference or using autocompletion).
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Connection "next' control point jh092 3 15 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM
  Spline.Length not updated unless I add a point to spline (or modify it) first. _RicO 3 6 08-26-2023, 08:41 AM
  Adding Begining and End Mesh to Spline velikizlivuk 2 4 08-02-2023, 11:10 AM
Last Post: velikizlivuk