Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with backward loop movement
Hi!

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i made rounded rectangle looped shape and I have there 2 curvy controllers with auto movement. One has Direction = Forward and Clamping = Loop and works fine, but second has Direction  = Backward and Clamping = Loop, and after controller is reaching last point I receive error:

[Curvy] Infinite loop in Spline Controller's logic. Please raise a Bug Report.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
FluffyUnderware.DevTools.DTLog:LogError(Object) (at Assets/Plugins/DevTools/Classes/DTUtility.cs:800)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Controllers.SplineController:EventAwareMove(Single) (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Controllers/SplineController.cs:842)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Controllers.SplineController:Advance(Single, Single) (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Controllers/SplineController.cs:456)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Controllers.CurvyController:InitializedApplyDeltaTime(Single) (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Controllers/CurvyController.cs:574)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Controllers.SplineController:InitializedApplyDeltaTime(Single) (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Controllers/SplineController.cs:500)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Controllers.CurvyController:ApplyDeltaTime(Single) (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Controllers/CurvyController.cs:912)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Controllers.CurvyController:Update() (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Controllers/CurvyController.cs:511)

There is problem with my setup or this is some kind of bug?

Best!
Hi,
I tried to reproduce the bug with the simple setup you explained but couldn't. Could you please:
1- tell me which version of Curvy your are using
2- send me a scene with a reproduction case
Thanks and have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi! 

Thanks for answering Smile

1. I'm using 4.1.1 Curvy version and Unity 2018.3.0b6
2. Scene is in attachment

Best!

Attached Files
.zip   SimpleReproduce.unity.zip (Size: 4.08 KB / Downloads: 1)
I did reproduce the bug with your scene. I will dig into this and let you know when fixed.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
The cause of the issue is that you have two spline segments of length 0, the one between CP2 and CP3, and the one between CP6 and CP7. The controller expect segments with non zero lengths. I will work in the future on this to make controllers either resilient to zero length segments, or at least add a proper error message, but for now, just get rid of these segments and everything should work fine.

Here is your scene, but without the zero length segments

.zip   SimpleReproduce_corrected.zip (Size: 3.66 KB / Downloads: 0)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connections Problem Juton 3 16 03-06-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Add noise to spline controller movement DekoGames 2 10 02-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: DekoGames
Question Setting instantiated object to spline, then starting movement? _RicO 3 9 06-28-2023, 06:01 PM
  Switch Spline Problem erenjeagerot 4 11 05-30-2023, 10:49 AM