Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IsInitialized is false after SetActive on parent object
Hi. I'm using (maybe incorrectly) SetActive on a game object that contains a CurvySpline (child of a child) and a CurvyLineRenderer (child). The idea is to quickly hide the curve's line when not needed, then show it again. However after calling SetActive(false), and then SetActive(true), it takes a few frames before CurvySpline::IsInitialized is true again. Why is that?

Eventually I'm going to have some other objects placed along the line (for now I'm just going to do that manually) that will live in the same parent object, so would like to just be able to deactivate/activate the parent object.

Thanks

-M
Hi,
Which Curvy version do you use?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(04-25-2018, 09:52 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
Which Curvy version do you use?

The README has version 2.2.3 at the top under VERSION HISTORY
The issue you described existed because of some complex initialization flow. Things have been simplified in 2.2.4.
So just update your Curvy copy, and you will have the issue fixed.
For future reference:
You can find which Curvy version you have right inside the editor, by clicking on the Options button in the Curvy toolbar https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/toolbar#curvy_options
Also, and to make the debugging process more efficient, please report any future bug through the "Report bug" button in that same toolbar. This will send a bug report with useful data included, such as the Curvy version.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thanks. I updated to 2.2.4 but then (without changing anything else) had an issue with my bezier curve being drawn straight instead of with the bit of curve I expect. I restored 2.2.3 for now since I can work around the SetActive issue for now. When I can update to 2.2.4 again I'll try to sort out what was going on and let you know.
Do you have a scene you can share with me where I can see the bezier issue? That would help a lot debugging this.
(05-04-2018, 11:49 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Do you have a scene you can share with me where I can see the bezier issue? That would help a lot debugging this.

Sorry, it's from a large project I can't share. If it persists when I get back to this, I'll try and recreate in a test project.

BTW, FYI, I don't get email notifications about replies to this thread. I have the " Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" option enabled on this thread, and they're not in my spam folder (gmail).
(05-09-2018, 04:48 PM)mgstauff Wrote: BTW, FYI, I don't get email notifications about replies to this thread. I have the " Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" option enabled on this thread, and they're not in my spam folder (gmail).

Hmm, that's weird. Maybe a bug in the forum. Please let me know if you do receive an email notification in the future. I will dig this issue at a later date. Thanks for notifying me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Removing the objects behind an object alms94 6 6 12-06-2023, 09:31 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Getting object on spline Position when Spline has coordinates larger than 2000 velikizlivuk 5 10 09-05-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: velikizlivuk
  Moving object down or up the spline using gravity velikizlivuk 6 16 07-26-2023, 10:06 PM
Question Setting instantiated object to spline, then starting movement? _RicO 3 9 06-28-2023, 06:01 PM