Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import/Export Menu Curvy 2.1
Hi Jake,

what is Import/Export good for, is there any documentation on this done yet?
Is it possible to script functions of the new stuff at runtime?

Thanks, Roger
(Henry Ford) Each hour more of searching is each hour less of your live time.

It's currently experimental and can be used to import/export spline data from/to 3D packages like Blender. Documentation is pending, I'll add that once back from vacation. Right now it has some restrictions (TextArea doesn't support longer texts) and interface may change in the future based on user feedback and plugin needs.
Hi Jake, any update on this at all?

I need to bring in a spline from max or blender (I have them in max, but can take to blender easy enough).
Any help would be massively appreciated!

Many thanks,
Gaz
Just an update to this.

I managed to turn my max splines into Curvy splines by using the "Tools/Spacing tool" in max and populated a set of dummy objects along the spline. Exported via fbx into unity and set each dummy object to have a spline segment script, with a parent holding them to have a spline script.

Hope someone finds this useful.
(06-04-2016, 02:26 PM)Jake Wrote: Documentation is pending, I'll add that once back from vacation.

Jake, did you manage to return from your vacation?
The menu is back, and documented in the 2.2.2 version. Documentaion available here https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/import_export
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Says: Permission Denied
Sorry, you don't have enough rights to continue.
Sorry, my bad. Now it is fixed.
I published the page earlier this week, but made it private until the Curvy update gets approved by Unity, but forgot to make the page public after Unity's approval.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 8 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 8 hours ago
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 03-27-2024, 03:23 AM