Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assign Input Spline Path to Generator at Runtime?
Hi there,

I am attempting to instantiate a Curvy Generator at runtime and assign an existing Spline in the scene as the Input Spline Path.  I'm having tremendous trouble  making this happen.  Once the Generator is instantiated from a prefab, it's child object "Input Spline Path" asks me to create or assign a spline.  This is where I get stuck.  I can't figure out how to do this, and I've tried everything!  Please advise.  I've attached a screenshot as well.  

Thanks so much!

Michael

Hey Jake... any tips on this?
InputSplinePath has a Spline property you can set at runtime:

Code:
var isp = MyCG.GetModule<InputSplinePath>("InputSplinePath",true); // or get reference to module component otherwise
isp.Spline=mySpline;
This code fragment isn't working in Unity 2017.1.0f3. GetModule returns null even though it does exist in the scene.
Have a look into the 51_InfiniteTrack example. The InfiniteTrack script does the same you want, but it stores the reference to the input module on creation. The only reason for GetModule to fail I see is that the module name is wrong.

Does FindModules<InputSplinePath>(true) return something?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 1 hour ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 1 hour ago
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 Yesterday, 03:23 AM