Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local/World transforms of Control Points
Hi,
With an older version of Curvy I was able to move a player and place Control Points along the way and so create a spline of of their movement.

With the newer version when i try this the player position which are world co-ordinates are then used as the local co-ordinates for the CP. So the subsequent CPs are all offset. I've tried using the unity transform functions to convert between world/local but I'm getting in a total mess. I'm using JS.

Any help would really be appreciated. 

thanks
Nick
You have several options:

1.) Use CurvySplineSegment.position to set it's world position - works like transforming space manually
2.) Set the spline to (0,0,0) (rotation also to (0,0,0)) - doing so makes CP position equal global position

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  Does CurvySplines support displaying handles and points during runtime? niuage 1 7 12-11-2023, 12:01 PM