Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curvy has a error when I updated to Unity 5.2.3f1
I am getting this error since I updated a few minutes ago:

Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CurvyController.cs(990,49): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetFieldIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)' and `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetFieldIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)'

is there a path fix for this?

(12-06-2015, 03:04 AM)kloveridge Wrote: I am getting these errors since I updated a few minutes ago:

Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CurvyController.cs(989,55): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetFieldIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)' and `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetFieldIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)'

Assets/Packages/Curvy/Base/CurvyController.cs(1006,50): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetPropertyIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)' and `FluffyUnderware.DevTools.Extensions.TypeExt.GetPropertyIncludingBaseClasses(this System.Type, string, System.Reflection.BindingFlags)'

is there a path fix for this?

I actually am getting three errors:
Yeah, like the upgrade notice said: You have to delete at least the /packages/DevTools folder before importing.
Deleting that folder did work. But where is this "upgrade notice" you speak of? I never saw it. I don't see it on the asset store. I don't see it in the readme of the curvy package. Its a little annoying with asset store assets (such as curvy) that do a big dump of content in my project. I don't know who uses what. Fortunately, I use source control to back up incase I do something wrong. But still, this kind of dilemma is very easy to get into with 3rd party assets.
Hm, I thought that the release notes are shown in a popup when you update the package from the assetstore. That isn't the case?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 0 0 8 hours ago
Last Post: ShiroeYamamoto
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 15 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: _Aka_