Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
animation
hello, I made a bicycle chain using Curve Spline and would like to animate it, but I just didn't understand how, please tell me how to do it? I'm a beginner and I really don't understand this
Hi
Can you please send me your scene (with the necessary assets) so I can see how you made the chain, so I can better help you? Please keep in mind that this forum is public, you can send me an email if you want to share anything confidential.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(10-18-2022, 02:16 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi
Can you please send me your scene (with the necessary assets) so I can see how you made the chain, so I can better help you? Please keep in mind that this forum is public, you can send me an email if you want to share anything confidential.
Have a nice day

I sent you a scene, I hope you will help meĀ  Rolleyes
Hi again

I see that you used the Volume Spots module to place your chain. Right now, I don't see a way to do the animation you want using that module. But, you can do it using another method, using controllers:

The idea is to have multiple game objects each one of them having a mesh renderer to display a chain link, and a Spline Controller to place it on the spline and animate it. You can set up this manually, but the best is to do this automatically using Unity's and Curvy's APIs. The main members you will need in the Spline Controller class are:
AbsolutePosition: to position each link.
Speed: the define its movement.

If you are confortable with coding, you can even, for performance reasons if needed, avoid using the Spline Controller class, and place the objects yourself using Curvy's API. In this scenario, the main methods to use are:
CurvySpline.InterpolateByDistance and CurvySpline.GetOrientationFast.

Did this help?

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Animate UV Offset in Unity Animation Timeline sam_bond 6 8 05-26-2023, 11:12 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Create a path with Curvy from a "position" animation with several keyframes mc_deimon 1 673 05-20-2021, 10:04 AM
Last Post: _Aka_