Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distorted rail lines when copy-pasting generator
Hi, I'm adapted your railroad generator example to my own project which has straight and open-ended curved splines, not closed loops.
The rails objects are distorted (it appears to be an axis problem, as if the generator is expected a different spline input).

My splines are 2D on X/y axis. New to Curvy splines - where should I look to correct? 

Top view looking down (XY axis). Landscape is hidden.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi
Does your generator have a non default transform? Meaning does it have rotations and scaling? If so, set the generators' rotation to 0, and scaling to 1, and see if it fixes the issue.
Otherwise, please send me a reproduction case so I can look closer at this.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi, thank you. I compared again my example, and the correct sleepers/incorrect rail texture is a clue. I'm using the same spline for both inputs, and I see you use a different, linear spline for the rails. I'll try this and witness the results Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 6 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Question Generator Canvas workflow issues Sacryn 1 7 02-02-2024, 11:22 PM