Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change spline path at runtime
Shocked 
Dear Curvy Team,

I would like to change/manipulate the spline of the path, where other objects are following along (during the game at runtime).

What's the best way to do it?

Many thanks!
B
Hi
yourSpline.ControlPointsList to access the control points, then you can modify any value you deem necessary. See methods that start with Set.... and properties that have setters.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Smile 
Thanks for your quick reply!

In my case I would like to modify the path smoothly - like having a falloff to other points when the position of one point is changed.

example:
https://ibb.co/zxfVF1Y
[Image: Falloff1.jpg]

Many thanks!
The logic behind such spline modification is up to you, depending on your use case. I will give you two suggestions as examples:
1- Make your spline a Bezier spline and then use Bezier handles to modify the shape of it
2- Move the red point up by a distance D, and then move its neighboring points by a distance of D/2, and then their neighboring points by D/4, ....
These are just example to show you that you can do that in different ways, so I can't tell you "this is how you should do it". Whatever way you choose to follow, the API allows it.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for your suggestions!
You are welcome. If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Thumbs Up 
(05-25-2021, 08:37 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: You are welcome. If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.

Already done. Keep up the good work!
Thanks a lot. Will do all my best

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44