Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline deformation & Bezier spline connection alignment
Hi,

for a new project I really wanted to use Curvy but unfortunately it is lacking of spline mesh deformation. I tried out other solutions but I have to admit that no solution is as stable, intuitive and straight forward as yours. Hence I would really love to see this important feature to be added in Curvy...any plans for this?

Also: Why isn't it possible to make two Bezier splines have smooth transitions at a connection? Currently look like I would have to manually adjust the tangents which will never be as perfect as calculations are.

Thanks in advance!
Hi
1- Mesh deformation is part of the upcoming version 8.0.0.
2- Use a connection to connect your two splines, and then use then the handles synchronization options to make the connected control points synchronize automatically: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/toolbar/start?redirect=1#sync_handles_direction
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Very awesome news and thanks for the instructions!

Looking forward for the update, any ETA? Smile

EDIT: Seems like I'd have to login to view the content of the link posted
(04-17-2021, 12:14 PM)digot Wrote: Looking forward for the update, any ETA? Smile
Sorry, no ETA for know, but probably not before September

(04-17-2021, 12:14 PM)digot Wrote: EDIT: Seems like I'd have to login to view the content of the link posted
Sorry for that, it is now fixed
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Tried the handles sync feature but without success :/ No error messages, just nothing that changes as you can see, there is no smooth transition between the two splines.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Can you please send me your spline so I can investigate? No need for the full project, just a scene with the spline or the spline exported to JSON
Sure thing!

Attached Files
.zip   SplinesHandlesSync.zip (Size: 3.51 KB / Downloads: 1)
Hi
The handles of a Bezier spline's control point are computed automatically by default. Setting their value by hand is possible when the Auto Handles option in a control point's inspector is set to false. When modifying a Bezier handle of a control point that is connected, the options in the toolbar I pointed out to you earlier make sure the modified handle of one of the connected control points influence the handles of the other CP.
You specified in your first post that you are looking for a solution involving automatic handles computation. Sorry I overlooked that. The solution I gave you needs that you set handle's value.
A solution that would match better your request would be to move the CPs of one of the splines into the other one, while making sure to keep the right order of the CP and to remove the duplicate CP. That way, you have only one spline with all the CPs, and the automatic handles computation will take care of computing all the needed handles.
I hope this helped.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Thumbs Up Can't delete connection lacota 3 6 03-16-2024, 11:34 AM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44