Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to generate an output spline after the conform path module?
Hello,

I would like to generate an output spline after the conform path module. Is that possible to do? The reason I would like to do this is to create a path for my train to follow on tracks that have been conformed to the terrain. The original spline is not suitable for path following because after the conform path module processes the spline, the tracks end up placed differently than the original spline.

Thank you for a great product!
Hi
You can't right now transform a path back to a spline. I you want the spline solely to have a controller move an object on it, you can use a Path Controller. If you have another reason to use a spline instead of a path, please let me know.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Ahh, this sounds promising! I'll look into this. I'm using the train car manager, I'm guessing it shouldn't be too difficult to swap out the spline controller for the path controller, but I'll let check back in if I'm having trouble.

Thanks!
You are welcome.
Both controllers have the same parameters. One tricky difference is explained here (Position Mode): https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/controllers/start#position_mode
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 2 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 2 hours ago
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM