Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a GPS to Spline Converter
Hi,

I am new to Curvy, but it seems to be a powerful tool to me. I was wondering if there is any way or tool which makes it possible to convert GPS data, like gpx or kml tracks to a spline or at least to control points so that I can use them with Curvy. I want to use some real GPS data for my project and this would be very helpful.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Marco
Hi,
Thanks for the compliments.
There is not ready made GPS to Curvy converter, but Curvy can import splines via a custom JSON text. I have no idea how those GPS formats are defined, but you can make a script that will transform those data to the JSON format that Curvy can take as an input. More information here: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/import_export
Please let me knwo if that worked out
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hey, thanks for the fast reply. I made my own simple tool to convert a gps cvs file to a curvy spline yesterday using the Curvy API. Then I export the spline by using the Curvy export function and import it with Curvy into the scene I need it. Works for me at the moment.

I tried to read the toolbar doc on the website, but its not accessible. When I click on the "Toolbar" link on the https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/start page it says:
Permission Denied

Sorry, you don't have enough rights to continue.

Is this an error or intended?

Btw. any plans to move support to discord? Most companies moved their support to discord and it's a very nice and handy platform for support, I think most people really prefer it so they have everything at one account and are used to it.

Thanks and have a nice day!
Marco
Hi
  1. If you don't mind doing so, posting that conversion script here could help future users trying to use the same gps files.
  2. Yesterday I updated the software underlying Curvy's website. The issue you encountred might be related to it. In my recent tests from different countries, the website seems available. Can you tell me if you still encounter the issue?
  3. No discord plan for now. Chat based support have two downsides in my experience:Knowledge is lost: a forum is structured in a way that helps people find existing information about their issues.
    • Knowledge is lost: a forum is structured in a way that helps people finding existing information about their issues.
    • It consumes more time to provide support compared to "non-real time" support (emails, forums)
    I might change my opinion in the future, and feel free to share with me your opinion, but at this moment this is what I think.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
After cleaning up the code I will think about it, at the moment its still a bit messy.

I still can't access the according documentation page, still getting the same error Sad
All other links on this page work, its only the toolbar doc link which doesn't work for me.

Best regards,
Marco
I think I know what is happening.
I would like you to test the following steps in order:
  1. Send me a screenshot or the text content of the Table of contents section of that documentation page
  2. Try again to click on the toolbar link
  3. If not working, clear your cache then try again
  4. If not working, trying accessing this link https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/toolbar
  5. If not working, try access https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/toolbar/start
I hope that at least one of those steps will work. If so, please tell me which one worked first

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 8 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM