Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine splines of different interpolation for use in generator
Hi,

I've found most of the answers I've been looking for by browsing this forum so far, but I've finally hit a bit of a snag in one department.

I'm dynamically generating 'orbit' curves through a combination of catmull (following planet curvature) and bezier interpolation (for exit/entry), connecting the ends of the splines as required and moving objects along said spline/s with a controller. All of that works great, but I also generate 'waypoint' meshes that show the trajectory curves that are visible when the object is selected, and up until now I've just been generating as individual splines-- but I'd like to somehow combine the catmull orbit movement and bezier departure curve into one 'thing' that can be used to generate a resulting mesh that matches the connected splines involved.

I presume I'm stuck accepting that the merged spline conforms to one interpolation or another and the spline shape changes away from that defined separately, so I was wondering if there was another option available? 

Lee
Hi
For now there is no way to have a mixed interpolation type spline. That might change in the future, but don't rely on that.
Have you tried having a generator for each spline?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi Aka,

Yeah, I started down that road after posting here and it looks like I can make that work-- there's a bit of busywork involved because I'm generating the remaining travel distance as the object moves along the connected splines, but it's arguably more versatile this way anyhow.

Thanks for the swift reply, I owe you a decent asset store review at some point =)
You are welcome
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 7 03-27-2024, 03:23 AM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM