Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TextMeshPro UISpline
Hello.
Just bought the plugin and was checking it. Found out that UITextSplineController works only with default unity Text. Is it possible to make it work with TextMeshPro? Or maybe there are some solutions already ?
Thank you
Hi
I am not familiar with TextMeshPro, never used it. Can you please send me a project that has everything setup, and has a scene with the text you want to make follow a spline, I will see then if I can find a solution.
Thank you
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(12-03-2020, 04:44 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi
I am not familiar with TextMeshPro, never used it. Can you please send me a project that has everything setup, and has a scene with the text you want to make follow a spline, I will see then if I can find a solution.
Thank you

Hi. I could send a project. But textmeshpro is included in unity. so you can just open 02_GUI scene in curvysplines demo and add a textmeshpro component to something. If you cant do it. Ill send you a project. Thanks.
I will try this this weekend. Will keep you informed
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Video 
Hi,

I attached a scene and script. The scene is a modification of the TMP scene 23. This modified scene will move every letter to the closest point on a spline. The orientation is modified accordingly. This is done in the attached script, which is a modified version of the TMP script VertexJitter.

This is absolutely not a complete supported feature of Curvy Splines, but just a starting point for you to build on top of it the behavior you want. As of an official text controller that would work on TMP's text, I added this task to my todo list, but it is very far from being a top priority, so do not expect an official TMP text controller in the near future.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Have a nice day

Attached Files
.zip   TMP and Curvy.zip (Size: 7.95 KB / Downloads: 3)
Thank you will check it out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UISpline johnnemann 1 3,018 09-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Jake