Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch processing of the Generator to create a bunch of Meshes
Hi _AKA_,

I imported a bunch of Splines from OSM via JSON and I want to generate street meshes of it. I wrote a code for using the Generator and the included models for generating the different meshes, but and the end i have the same mesh a hundred times. The "generator.refresh(true)" function seems not to work the way I expected it. Confused Smile 

Can you help me out? I will send you a Link with my project in a pm.

Best wishes
HatraE
Hi,

The reason behind your issue is that you are using the generator before it being initialized. This can happen if you are calling it in the Start method, depending on the order of execution of scripts. The solution is given here: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/generator/start

In your case, that would mean:
Code:
IEnumerator Start()
    {
        // Wait until the generator is fully intialized before accessing it:
        while (!generator.IsInitialized)
            yield return null;

if (doRendering)
        {
        }
    }

Let me know if you still have issues
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Cool! Thanks for the quick response with the individual solution. Worked perfect for me!
You are welcome
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Heart Create beautiful curves ShiroeYamamoto 3 9 03-26-2024, 06:25 PM
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 6 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM