Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving multiple controllers at once
I guess that you've used win10 before, but if you haven't I would recommend the first thing you do is download Open-shell and 7+ taskbar tweaker. That will take care of the horrible UI and make it actually possible to find stuff. I'm pretty sure win10 was the first OS developed to be user hostile. I also recommend uninstall as much as possible, some things though can only be removed through command prompt. Good luck removing Cortana and other spy crap though.
Also win10 assumes you're retarded and will prevent you from editing system files unless you change both ownership and permissions on files, BUT, if you change owner of the Windows folder it's very possible to brick Windows. I did and it was hell getting it to work again so be careful.
One more tip is to set your internet connection to metered. That's the only way to stop updates to be downloaded automatically.

I've read your tips and apparently learned nothing. Cool I decided I want a popup window to appear when I select a controller, like when you select a camera. So I assumed I had to inherit from EditorWindow and I guess I can't use OnValidate then? So I used OnSelectionChange and pasted some code from examples to see if I can get a window top pup up to start with. But when I select a controller absolutely nothing happens and since I get no errors I don't know why...

Code:
using UnityEngine;
using UnityEditor;
using FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Controllers;
using System.Linq;

namespace FluffyUnderware.CurvyEditor.Controllers
{
   public class MoveMultipleControllers : EditorWindow
   {
       public void OnSelectionChange()
       {
           var selectedControllers = Selection.transforms.Select(t => t.gameObject.GetComponent<SplineController>()).Where(c => c != null).ToList();

if (selectedControllers.Count > 0)
           {
               MoveMultipleControllers window = (MoveMultipleControllers)GetWindow(typeof(MoveMultipleControllers));
               window.Show();
           }
       }
       void OnGUI()
       {
           EditorGUILayout.LabelField("This is an example of EditorWindow.ShowPopup", EditorStyles.wordWrappedLabel);
           GUILayout.Space(70);
           if (GUILayout.Button("Agree!")) this.Close();
       }
   }
}

Messages In This Thread
Moving multiple controllers at once - by Lupp_ - 01-15-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: Moving multiple controllers at once - by Lupp_ - 01-20-2020, 03:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Distance travelled across multiple splines jh092 1 7 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Best practice for controllers slowing down/speeding up along the spline Curry 1 5 08-06-2023, 09:47 PM
  Moving object down or up the spline using gravity velikizlivuk 6 19 07-26-2023, 10:06 PM
  Multiple Splines and Generators Performantly for Road System drock 1 6 07-17-2023, 10:31 AM