Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving multiple controllers at once
(01-19-2020, 04:07 PM)Lupp_ Wrote: I had to change to win10 last year and it was so much trouble setting up everything to not annoy you, plus of course Unity started fussing too. So I hope it goes better for you and everything goes smooth. Tongue 

Thank you. I will indeed switch from Windows 7 to 10 with this PC. A lot of fun ahead Big Grin

(01-19-2020, 04:07 PM)Lupp_ Wrote: See this shit here, I tried so many variations of Selection. like adding .length or GetComponent or GetFiltered and even trying to save that to an array and count that, but nothing worked together in a way that was useful. I also read lots of posts and articles and none even suggested how to get anything close to what you posted. How are you even supposed look it up? Huh 
I want to say "this comes with experience", but that would not be very helpful Big Grin. So I will say "reading the official doc". Usually I first read official articles, then start testing with simple code. To write that code I will certainly need to read various parts of the API reference. No need to read all of it, but a thorough read of the main classes needed in what I am testing is a good thing. Then of course you will need time, the brain does not assimilate things instantly. It's normal to come back to the same doc multiple times before understanding fully what it explains. Forums are very useful, but should not replace reading the official documentation.

Here is the api reference for the System.Linq namespace, which contains the methods I used. You might want to start with the Enumerable class
https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/dotnet/...mework-4.8
And to learn more about linq
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/...epts/linq/

Linq queries is quite an advanced subject. Keep in mind that you can always do the same things with longer code using loops and temporary arrays. I use Linq for the ease and speed of writing, and to avoid dumb bugs (less code = less bugs).
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
Moving multiple controllers at once - by Lupp_ - 01-15-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: Moving multiple controllers at once - by _Aka_ - 01-19-2020, 08:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Distance travelled across multiple splines jh092 1 7 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Best practice for controllers slowing down/speeding up along the spline Curry 1 5 08-06-2023, 09:47 PM
  Moving object down or up the spline using gravity velikizlivuk 6 19 07-26-2023, 10:06 PM
  Multiple Splines and Generators Performantly for Road System drock 1 6 07-17-2023, 10:31 AM