Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Train carriage with 2 bogies following a path
Hi
The black arc is called Arc Length, and the green line is called Cord Length.

The relationship between these two values is probably defined mathematically for all the spline types supported by Curvy Splines. I personally never looked at this subject. As an example here is an example of this relationship for a simple circle:
https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/arc-length

The rigourous way would be to to compute the arc length based on the cord length and the used spline type, then set the second bogie's position as: first bogie position + arc length

The easy way to do, that I would recommend for most cases, is to first set the bogie's position as if the arc length is equal to the desired cord length, and the compute the actual cord length. If it varies too much from the desired cord length, then increase/decrease the bogie's position a bit an then repeat until you get close enough to the desired cord length.

I hope this helped.
Have a nice day
I never looked for the relationship between these two for all the types of splines supported by Curvy Splines. Probably such relationship exists,
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Train carriage with 2 bogies following a path - by _Aka_ - 08-23-2023, 09:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rasterized Path Range issue proton 7 26 04-30-2024, 11:17 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 21 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
  Generator does not exactly follow the path F.A.L. 3 4 04-24-2023, 03:49 PM
  How to expand/contract path? Ferdinand 5 24 10-12-2022, 02:31 PM