Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to make fast moving controller go all the way to linear points?(curvy8)
Hi
Because of the extremely high speed of your object, the distance travelled between two frames is quite high, and can lead to the controller going over a corner in the time between two frames. A solution is to make the controller update frequently enough. I did that by setting my controller's Update setting to Fixed Update, and setting a very high Physics simulation frame rate (Project settings -> Time -> Fixed timestep). A lower physics frame rate should be enough, but I set a very high one just to make my point very clear.
The above solves whatever issue that can come from the controller. But this is not enough, because part of the issue comes from the particle emitter itself. It does not refresh frequently enough (it is I believe tied to the rendering frame rate, not the physics simulation one). To show you this issue, here is the same simulation, the first one at normal speed, the send slowed down

Did this help?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to make fast moving controller go all the way to linear points?(curvy8) - by _Aka_ - 06-05-2023, 11:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
  Add noise to spline controller movement DekoGames 2 10 02-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: DekoGames