Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way to get objects script from generator
Hi
I will not be able to answer everything today, but here are some answers:

1- About GetComponent:
Use GetComponents instead. Read their documentation page to be sure to understand what you do.
Also, leave optimization for after your implement your idea. Most often than not, what makes ones implementation slow is not what he/she expects. The profiler should be what guides you when optimizing.
Finally, about those non-Curvy-Splines specific issues, it is better to look on the Unity's forum, answers.unity.com, and their doc. I am very good at Unity, but surely there are other people well more experienced than me on everything that is not Curvy Splines, and might be able to answer you more quickly.

2- If Pooled objects implement FluffyUnderware.DevTools.IPoolable, their OnBeforePush and OnAfterPop are called. Take a look on that interface and its usage to better understand how that works. You can use that interface's methods to make any code execute when reusing pooled objects
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Way to get objects script from generator - by _Aka_ - 05-15-2023, 12:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 5 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 7 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM