Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using scripting to generate meshes over time
(02-11-2022, 11:51 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: only the last module (Create Mesh) takes multiple inputs.

See, simply not knowing this and having missed the [] detail next to the input was making my life so much harder than it needed to be, so already you've helped. My generators had the same number of create mesh nodes as extrusion and volume mesh nodes. Now I only need 1 (or more like 5) create mesh nodes instead of about 40.

And I think all you need is a "combine paths into shape" node that takes multiple splines as input, does everything that is currently done in the "path" tab of the shape extrusion node (range and resolution and whatnot) for each connected spline in its own Spline:# tab, and puts out a "single path" that contains all of the paths (with gaps etc because range already applied) and the applicable ranges the shape extrusion can multiple-extrude from.

In this case the most common entry point (many splines into whatever) would be multi user. I don't think anyone would need a multiple-input volume mesh node anytime soon if multi spline use in the same generator was easier somehow.

Anyhow, thank you again for the direction. It helps a lot. I'll get back to you if anything comes up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using scripting to generate meshes over time - by croner1907 - 02-11-2022, 05:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cant Generate Meshes At Runtime alms94 5 22 01-26-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Disable rebuild of meshes in dynamic mode Zilk1 1 8 10-04-2023, 09:50 AM
  Combining two separate meshes ava_ava 2 7 07-26-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: ava_ava
  How to generate mesh on spline at runtime? _RicO 8 17 07-19-2023, 08:55 AM