Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using scripting to generate meshes over time
Hi
When creating meshes via extrusion, as of now, only the last module (Create Mesh) takes multiple inputs. To reach what you described, both Volume Mesh and Shape Extrusion should too take multiple inputs. This is something I am aiming to do at some point, but nothing is done for now.
To solve your issue, I see two solutions for you to do. I strongly recommend solution A.
A- have a script that modifies all the modules for you. For example, that script would have a reference Volume mesh module, and at each change it will apply the modification from the reference module to all the existing modules.
B- modify the source code of the Volume Mesh and Shape Extrusion modules to make them take multiple inputs. If you are not already familiar with the Curvy Generator code, you might find this difficult to do.
I hope this helped. Feel free t ask me further questions
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using scripting to generate meshes over time - by _Aka_ - 02-11-2022, 11:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cant Generate Meshes At Runtime alms94 5 22 01-26-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Disable rebuild of meshes in dynamic mode Zilk1 1 8 10-04-2023, 09:50 AM
  Combining two separate meshes ava_ava 2 7 07-26-2023, 05:49 AM
Last Post: ava_ava
  How to generate mesh on spline at runtime? _RicO 8 17 07-19-2023, 08:55 AM