Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
issues with face over lapping and generator ranges
Hi
Thanks a lot for the kind words.

2- Interpolate uses TF. Shape extrusion's range uses normalized distance, which is the distance of a point from the start of the path, divided by the path's total length. To understand more those concepts, take a look at this: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/splines/start#units
So, use for a value x in the range paramter, you should use spline.InterpolateByDistance(x * spline.Lenght)

1- Unfortunately, all the solutions I see imply either coding from your side, or modifying your track:
  1. Avoid sharp corners. You can do that by reducing the maximal value of your noise
  2. Make the rocks layer thinner
  3. Generate only the top face (the road) of the mesh using Curvy Generator, and then generate the side face (rocks) using another method, such as the Spline To Mesh tool: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/toolbar#tools
  4. Add a post mesh generation step, where you weld all the vertices that are in too tight corners. You can detect them by calling spline.GetNearestPointTf on their positions. All non problematic sets of vertices should have the same TF of their nearest point on a spline. Here is a drawing to better explain:
    Black line: a splineYellow lines: an extruded meshGreen and red dots: the extruded mesh's vertices, alternating colors for visibilityBlue line: line from each vertex to its nearest point on the spline    
    So in the case above, moving the two problematic vertices in the tight corner to the same position would solve the issue
I added this problem to the backlog, so I can implement a solution to it sometime in the future
Let me know what solution you think you will apply, and let me know if my explanation is not clear
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: issues with face over lapping and generator ranges - by _Aka_ - 12-10-2020, 11:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 5 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 7 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Bug Issues when working with in-place prefabs Sacryn 4 6 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM