Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to face forwards when going backwards
I have a similar issue -- I thought there might be a simple solution already but it doesn't appear to be so. I'd like to create a loop back track from a switch (where the follow up spline from the main branch loops back to the diverging branch (in railroad terms, a 'balloon track').  Reading the solution above, I can get it to work by flipping the follow up spline, but I'd rather not do that -- I think it's going to get messy if there are multiple trains on the track -- and would much rather be able to set the spline controller logic to deal with it by using a connecting point listener and attaching a script at the CP. But so far, all in my attempts to do a double reverse -- changing the various parameters of the spline controller (trying ignore direction, flip flop, etc.) -- the train just gets stuck, flip-flopping at the connection point. Do you have any suggestions?
Chip
Deko Games
dekogames.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to face forwards when going backwards - by DekoGames - 08-26-2020, 10:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  issues with face over lapping and generator ranges Mos Def 7 2,312 12-13-2020, 07:46 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Make GameObject Face towards Spline Path linkinballzpokemon 5 2,394 07-14-2020, 08:27 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  UI Text move backwards/reverse along Spline Cloov 4 8,349 12-18-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jake
  [Question] Going backwards (SplineController) Warow 1 3,592 11-25-2016, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Jake