Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to create a moving train that slows and stops at stations
Hi,
In your message, I distinguish two different issues:
1- The gap appearing between cars: This is something that naturally happens with time due to consecutive operation on floats. There are different ways to try to reduce the issue. One that is already coded can be found in TrainCarManager.LateUpdate(), TrainCarManager being the script used in the scene 12_Train where it manages a train with multiple cars in it. I believe that by following that example, you can fix your issue.
Also, knowing that floats are the most precise between 0 and 1, try using Relative Position Mode and Move Mode, and see if it helps.
2- The impossibility to set a value to the position: I don't have an explanation for this. Are you sure you don't have some code setting the Position value each frame?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to create a moving train that slows and stops at stations - by _Aka_ - 09-07-2018, 04:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart Create beautiful curves ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 03-26-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Is it possible to create a road texture at runtime? artsung 1 4 01-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Wink Train carriage with 2 bogies following a path arcadeperfect 9 27 08-25-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: arcadeperfect
  Moving object down or up the spline using gravity velikizlivuk 6 19 07-26-2023, 10:06 PM