Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make controller affect another object than the one controller is attached to
Actually I'm trying to use SplineController along other controllers implemented earlier for other type of movements. The position of the controller act as a kind of anchor for the movement themselves. This rules out the syncing solution you proposed as an alternative to changing the code I suppose. I seriously consider changing that in the future but meanwhile I try to keep things homegeneous.

I'd have to call the GetTransformPosition/Rotation on each update from another script, right? 

I have another proposition though. I might be missing something important here so my apologizes if this proposition is bad for some reasons. The transform property seems to be used for getting position/forward vector/up vector (I don't find rotation though), setting local or world position according to the Space property (others?). Won't it be easier to add a protected Transform field (and a corresponding property maybe) in CurvyController that defaults to the transform of the object on which the controller is attached to and use that instead of transform property in the existing methods? It would let us change that if we want without affecting the normal usage of the controller.

By the way, great support so far. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make controller affect another object than the one controller is attached to - by Aberdyne - 01-13-2016, 07:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Add noise to spline controller movement DekoGames 2 10 02-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: DekoGames
  Removing the objects behind an object alms94 6 6 12-06-2023, 09:31 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Getting object on spline Position when Spline has coordinates larger than 2000 velikizlivuk 5 10 09-05-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: velikizlivuk