Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transitioning or blending two mesh extrusions
No apology needed Smile I actually just checked back for the first time, so it was perfect timing lol Wink

(10-12-2023, 08:48 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Without using the Variable Shapes module, what you can do is to use the same shape and then apply a variable scale (see the Scale tab of the Shape Extrusion module). But then, your tunnel will have the same shape all the time, which I guess is not what you want. In this case, you can maybe process the generated mesh afterwards, to add some noise to the tunnel's mesh to simulate a rugged/varying surface.

I will be processing the mesh in the end and having the same shape won’t work for my case (at least my implementation of it). The scale is really useful though. I am using it for a few transitions etc. your documentation has been very helpful.

(10-12-2023, 08:48 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: If you want to keep using the Variable Shapes module, then know that you can make a script that can take a list of shapes as an input, and then generate/modify a generator that has all the neededed modules created and connected. The infinite track example scene has a script that updates the generator at runtime, you can take inspiration from it.

I will check out the example you mentioned. That sounds like it should work.

(10-12-2023, 08:48 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Also, maybe the shapes can be generated by a script too, instead of making them yourself into prefabs?

The shapes are generated by my script already, so i can just build the list at runtime at the same time as my current iterations. This should work!

(10-12-2023, 08:48 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Not sure to understand what issue you are describing here. Can you please explain to me what is the problem this paragraph describes?

it will be easier to show with screen shots and examples. I will get something posted up at some point. I think I have a good direction now. I will post up my progress! I have a git repo with my scripts, but it is not updated currently. I will upload what I do and share a link here if you want to check it out!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transitioning or blending two mesh extrusions - by SomeGuyEight - 10-13-2023, 04:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 21 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM