Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way to get objects script from generator
Sorry for the constant posts, I'm so close to sending this to the client but this strange bug is holding me back. Ive tried so many solutions...

Every frame I'm accessing the ActiveObjects, grabbing the component I need, and changing the game objects scale (for visualization purposes) based on if its in preview mode, and if its blocked from building or not.

This isn't performant but its just me trying to make the base system work. 

The problem is that the pool of objects it accesses seems change before I'm able to access it. I've tried OnRefresh in the CreateGameObject module, checking every frame, ect..
and can't seem to figure out why it wont let me change the values.

I also can't get the IPool working.

Image of the code.

I had to manually call my Setup function (in Start) again since it doesn't always seem to fire off right away.

Video showing the issue. 

Is there simple way to just get access to the created objects (and its scripts) after its finished generating them so I can toggle/modify things on them?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Way to get objects script from generator - by Lupos - 05-18-2023, 01:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 5 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 7 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM