Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Game Roads - Curvy Generator Prefab?
Thanks for the reply and pointing out the road overlap thing - it shouldn't be a problem for my application.

Another approach I thought of was having one generator that could take in a dynamic spline and create the mesh, then copy that mesh at run time (much like the "export to scene" button you have in the inspector graph GUI) and then remove the input spline from the generator (so there are not two meshes). There would certainly be far fewer game objects with that approach.  I expect to have hundreds of splines turned to roads through the course of playing a scenario in the game. Having a generator for each one after it's been placed and finalized doesn't make much sense unless there is something I'm missing?

Thoughts on that?

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: In Game Roads - Curvy Generator Prefab? - by etoreo - 01-04-2023, 07:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 5 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp