Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Position in Input Spots not working on all directions.
#3
Thanks for your answer.

I did some testing with the TRS Mesh module and TRS Path Module and if I understand everything correctly its not what I'm looking for. I want to be able to change spot positions in all axles without adding new modules when the spots modules are connected to a Deform Mesh. The game we are currently making has a potential to use many Input spots as we need to place different prefabs along the curve and most time they need an offset in X/Z axel and rotation in x degrees.

The best way I know of to accomplish this:
- Using a Input GameObjects module for every prefab and set Translation for that prefab in the Input GameObjects. Doing this will only crate one/two modules for every prefab added. One Input GameObjects and One Input Spots.

This is probably doable for us but if Input Spots Position worked as an offset from the curve it would be awesome. Using position (0,2,0) would just put the object two meters above the curve. Then we would be able to use one Input Spots for a group of prefabs and it would make everything more readable.

It is possible that I have missed a feature in Curvy Splines that can do something like that.

Have a nice day.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Position in Input Spots not working on all directions. - by Mike Danielsson - 09-03-2022, 02:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spline Spots from 2 samples. BitBlit 8 1,352 06-30-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Replace deform mesh on volume spots Kokoriko49 1 2,720 06-09-2025, 06:49 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Is there a way to get the position of each ControlPoint in spline by API? Chanon 1 2,521 06-07-2025, 09:44 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Photo Volume Spots problem with spacing Bond007 3 3,210 01-20-2025, 12:27 PM
Last Post: _Aka_

Forum Jump: