Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No demos running without exception with IL2CPP with Curvy Spline 8
Bug 
Hello,

As the title suggests, all the demos and even a simple Curvy Spline with generator scene throws a null Exception error on

ThreadPoolWorker.cs, on line 222:

Code:
private static readonly Func<T> OptimizedInstantiator = Expression.Lambda<Func<T>>(
            Expression.New(typeof(T))
        ).Compile();

Is this a known issue or something that can fix this?

Thank you
Hi
Noted. Working on both your issues right now. Will keep you updated.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
What Unity version are you building with?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Also, what Curvy version?

Edit: Tried with Curvy 8.0.1 on 2019.4.34f1 and I had no build issues. Will wait for you to give me the exact reproduction versions
Hi Thank you for the quick reply,

My Curvy version is 8.1.0 and Unity version is 2020.3.33f1
Noted, I am on it.
Same as for the other issue: a quick fix that I am sharing, will dig deeper in the issue a bit later:
In ToolBuddy\Dependencies\DevTools\Classes\ThreadPoolWorker.cs
replace all occurrences of
#if UNITY_IOS == false
with
#if UNITY_IOS == false && ENABLE_IL2CPP == false
Unfortunately this quick fix results in a build error Sad I've attached a screenshot, it's so weird, it says there are compiler errors, but
it shows no compiler errors before the build button is clicked.

FYI quick fix for the previous issue isn't working, I mentioned in the reply there but telling here as well in case you missed it Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's weird indeed. Is there any more details about the compiler errors? Try clearing the build folder just in case.
I am sending you via PM a zip with the modified Curvy asset, that contains both changes I described earlier. Please try to build with it, instead of your Curvy version, to exclude the possibility that you made some mistake integrating the changes.
If this possibility is excluded, and if there is no additional information about the compiler errors, then I will have to wait for your reproduction case to advance on this subject.
Yes that sounds good, I haven't gotten any private message from you but I am sending you a private message with that repro project.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 6 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 7 hours ago
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 7 hours ago
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp