Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline object on a spline path
Hey there,

I want something like this kind of speed pad on my roads.
I want to put each on wherever I want on the road with custom length.
What do you suggest ?

Also I need to know if the character trigger the speed pad at the first and if it is in the same lane which the speed pad is. Right now on straight speed pad I put 2 box collider. One flat on the ground and one with big height on where it is. About the curved one, I'm not sure if it is good idea to put mesh collider or not (According to the performance).
What do you think ?
Hi,
I would lik to be able to keep helping you on your project with suggestions, but due to time limitations, I have to restrict my self on answering support questions only. This does not mean that you should remove your posts. Keep them and maybe some forum user would help you with suggestions of his about how to implement your game mechanics.
I hope you understand my position
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(02-14-2020, 10:47 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
I would lik to be able to keep helping you on your project with suggestions, but due to time limitations, I have to restrict my self on answering support questions only. This does not mean that you should remove your posts. Keep them and maybe some forum user would help you with suggestions of his about how to implement your game mechanics.
I hope you understand my position
Have a nice day

My actual question is based on your Curvy, so it is not just a random mechanic in the game.

My actual question is this: 
I want something like this kind of speed pad on my roads.
I want to put each on wherever I want on the road with custom length.
What do you suggest ?

In general format, I want to put a spline based mesh on another spline based mesh (Path) and can control its size and position according to the spline which that path is created on it.
Hi,

I know it is based on Curvy, but Imagine you write Unity' support showing them images from an Unreal game and ask them how to do that with Unity. They probably just refer you to their documentation and that's it. You see what I mean? It's up to the user to learn about how to use the tool and reach its creative goals using it.

To give you an answer to your question: I would use the API to create a new spline , set it's control points such as the spline has the desired shape, and then use it in a Curvy Generator set up to generate a mesh. The methods Create and Add of the CurvySpline will be usefull. Also the InfiniteTrack example scene might be usefull to see a CurvyGenerator manipulated through the API
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(02-16-2020, 08:08 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,

I know it is based on Curvy, but Imagine you write Unity' support showing them images from an Unreal game and ask them how to do that with Unity. They probably just refer you to their documentation and that's it. You see what I mean? It's up to the user to learn about how to use the tool and reach its creative goals using it.

To give you an answer to your question: I would use the API to create a new spline , set it's control points such as the spline has the desired shape, and then use it in a Curvy Generator set up to generate a mesh. The methods Create and Add of the CurvySpline will be usefull. Also the InfiniteTrack example scene might be usefull to see a CurvyGenerator manipulated through the API

Thanks.
How can I use that FloatRegion attribute in my code ? I don't know what I missed, it doesn't work.
You can see how it used by looking at one of its usage in the code. Look for example at VolumeController.m_CrossRange
By looking at the parametres names, how they are used in Curvy's code, and fiddling with them if needed, you should be able to understand how it is used.
(02-17-2020, 12:16 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: By looking at the parametres names, how they are used in Curvy's code, and fiddling with them if needed, you should be able to understand how it is used.

I did but no success. Seems using FloatRegion attribute itself is not enough! Should I create Editor script for my class and inherits CurvyEditorBase ? (Although I tried to this too but still no success)

Also why From and To value in Range tab in ShapeExtrusion is not same as Position in SplineController ? Same value of From field of ShapeExtrusion is not same as Position of SplineController.
(02-17-2020, 12:32 PM)ATHellboy Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 12:16 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: By looking at the parametres names, how they are used in Curvy's code, and fiddling with them if needed, you should be able to understand how it is used.

I did but no success. Seems using FloatRegion attribute itself is not enough! Should I create Editor script for my class and inherits CurvyEditorBase ? (Although I tried to this too but still no success)

Also why From and To value in Range tab in ShapeExtrusion is not same as Position in SplineController ? Same value of From field of ShapeExtrusion is not same as Position of SplineController.

??
Hi,
Indeed, I am having the same issue. I will look at this very soon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 8 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM